Why Event Planners Should Learn About CRM?Dec 19, 2016
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is one of the strongest and efficient approach in maintaining and creating relationships with your participants and potential clients in event industry. It's not only pure business but also ideate strong personal bonding between event organisers and participants. Sustainment and development of this bonding drives event business to higher levels of success.
Once this personal and emotional linkage is built, it is very easy for any event planner to identify the actual needs of customer and help them to serve them in a better way. It is a very common belief that, more the sophisticated strategies involved in implementing the customer relationship management, the more strong and fruitful is the event you organise. Most of the event organising companies have dedicated world class tools for maintaining CRM systems into their workplace, like Salesforce, which is one of the well known example of CRM tools.
What exactly CRM is?
According to business dictionaries, Customer Relationship Management (or CRM) is a phrase that describes how your business interacts with your customers. Most people think of CRM as a system to capture information about your customers. However, that is only part of the picture. CRM involves using technology to gather the intelligence you need to provide improved support and services to your customers. In other words, CRM is also about what you do with that information to better meet the needs of your existing customers and identify new customers, resulting in higher profits for you.
What are the main CRM steps for event planners?
- A database that collects information about your customers or participants.
- A way to analyse the information in the database.
- A strategy for applying the analysis to better meet your clients' needs and identify potential customers.
- Collecting data to ensure your strategy is effective.
Benefits of CRM for event planners
CRM is about making each and every customer feel like they have a one-to-one relationship with you. Effective CRM gives you the opportunity to show your customers that:
- You know and recognise them.
- You understand them.
- You care about their needs, questions and concerns.
- You want to deliver services and products they need the most at events.
- You appreciate their business and requirements.
CRM benefit for your company
- Develop superior event services and products that meet your customers' identified needs.
- Enhance marketing towards the most profitable customers to improve your bottom line.
- Improve efficiency by providing support and services to customers online (through frequently asked questions, for example).
- Anticipate future event organisation needs based on data on historic events and service trends.
- Increase your customer base as you develop new ways to engage in business online.
Building Value for You
By compiling this information and analysing it, you can then build a strategy with this information to:
- Maximise repeat business opportunities by anticipating your existing customers' needs.
- Identify your best customers.• Identify potential customers.
- Identify complementary products you can sell to your customers.
- Target marketing campaigns/materials and promotions. Building Value for the Customer
Meeting Seminar Conference Sharing Connection Concept
Other ideas on how you can use this information to increase your company's perceived value to the customer include:
- Make ordering or buying easier through pre-filled order forms and e-mail reminders.
- Tailor the shopping experience for your customers and allow self-service to reduce customer wait times.
- Develop an e-newsletter or blog with topics that would be of interest to customers to earn their loyalty.
- Quickly share updates and respond to comments/ feedback from customers through social media channels such as Twitter.
- Offer an online forum where customers can provide reviews and feedback; this also allows you to hear about problems as they emerge and to respond quickly.
- Offer free products to your best customers.
- Offer incentives for additional or future purchases.
About the Author
Posted by Erkan OGULGANMIS
Erkan OGULGANMIS Graduated from Army War College, completed MA degree in Ankara University on Global & Regional Studies, studies law in Istanbul University. Works in MEETINGHAND Online Solutions Co. as Business Development & Sales Manager.