FLAC3D Version 9.0
This three-day in-person course provides general feature training addressing basic concepts and recommended procedures for geotechnical and mining numerical analysis.
Topics to be covered during the three-day course include:
• Introduction to FLAC3D, theoretical background, important concepts, numerical modeling strategy
• Grid generation
• Constitutive models
• FISH introduction
• Groundwater flow analyses
• Example applications
This is hands-on training. A laptop computer with administrative rights is required.
For an additional cost, several optional fourth-day training courses are available:
- Half-day training on creating user-defined constitutive models
- Half-day training on more advanced Python use and scripting in FLAC3D
- Full-day training on dynamic analysis and modeling in FLAC3D
- Full-day training on writing and using advanced FISH scripts
**In-person event only. No virtual/remote attendance**
An additional 1.5-day Griddle course is also available.
Register separately here: Meshing with Griddle Training Course - March 30-31
Standard registration fee
For current, active students or professors at a school or university. Educational affiliation will be confirmed upon registration/payment.
Only for accepted and currently enrolled IEP Research Students. Active enrollment will be confirmed upon registration/payment. Visit https://www.itascainternational.com/learning/iep/iep-research-program to learn about our IEP Research Program.