These General Terms and Conditions govern the provision of consulting, coaching and implementation of the services provided by MeetingHand DMCC and “MeetingHand Online Event Management Software”.
The present general terms and conditions are applicable to any access to software services provided by MeetingHand. They also apply to the provision of consulting, coaching and implementation of extra services.
They remain valid even in cases where they contradict the general or special terms and conditions of the Client, unless MeetingHand has accepted the latter conditions explicitly and in writing.
General Description: “MeetingHand Online Event Management Software” is an always online and cloud-based platform to support event organizers in implementation and execution of processes and procedures connected to the organization of an event. MeetingHand software allows the Client to provide solutions for the event's participants such as registration, accommodation, submitting abstract, online payment, etc.
MeetingHand DMCC is licensor of a software application “MeetingHand” described above, which can be modified from time to time. MeetingHand DMCC will grant, under the conditions of this Agreement, the Client to get access to the MeetingHand software and make use of it. The Client has studied the Licensed Program before signing this Agreement, and fully understands the working and value of the system.
By accepting the contract, the Client declares of being above the age of 18. Customers using the MeetingHand website and the software who are minor/under the age of 18 shall not register as a User of the website or software and shall not transact on or use the Website and Software.
The Client is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of his account. MeetingHand DMCC does not trade with or provide any services to OFAC and sanctioned countries. By accepting this agreement, or by using the MeetingHand software solutions, the Client formally and explicitly give his consent to the terms and conditions of this agreement on behalf of himself and the company on whose behalf he will use the MeetingHand services provided under this agreement.
“Software”: The term “Software” shall include the software application as described above and related licensed materials and data, access to which is granted to the Client under this Agreement.
“Use”: Unless otherwise defined in this Agreement, the term “Use” shall mean the use of all or any part of the Licensed Program. The rights granted are further specified below in this agreement.
The Agreement is effective from the date that the Service Contract Proposal is signed by both parties.
MeetingHand may immediately terminate the Agreement in total upon written notice if,
- a. The Client becomes insolvent, files a petition of bankruptcy (or any similar petition under any insolvency law of any jurisdiction), ceases its activities, or proposes any dissolution, or
- b. The Client is in severe violation of this Agreement.
Right to use the software can be terminated for convenience, depending on the subscription model chosen, as described in the Service Contract Proposal.
Upon payment of the due amounts, MeetingHand grants to the Client
- A non-transferable and non-exclusive right of access to the Software,
- A non-transferable and non-exclusive license to use the Software for data processing with its customers and business partners in accordance with its intended use.
The Client shall not use, print, copy, modify, translate or alter the Software in whole or in part except as expressly provided for in this Agreement or as permitted by compelling law. In addition, the Client has no permission to decompile, disassemble, or analyze the Software by “reverse engineering” and each attempt thereto shall constitute an infringement to this Agreement, unless such act is expressly permitted by compelling law.
The parties hereto expressly agree that the Software, to the extent that it would be modified, will replace as modified version the original or previous version of such Software and henceforth be subject to all rights and obligations as mentioned in this Agreement, including but not limited to, the provisions concerning term, rights of use (‘license’), protection and security, title, default, limited warranty, patents and copyrights, unless such matters are regulated differently in this Agreement.
Copyright and Protection of Licensed Program
The MeetingHand Online Event Management Software and its website are controlled and operated by MeetingHand DMCC. All content and materials, including, but not limited to images, illustrations, audio clips and video clips, are protected by copyrights which are owned and controlled by MeetingHand DMCC or by other parties that have licensed their material to MeetingHand DMCC. Unless otherwise specified, the content and materials on the Software and website are for personal and non-commercial use and you may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information, Software or documentation obtained without written permission from MeetingHand DMCC.
All intellectual property rights in, title to or ownership of the Licensed Program and the services delivered by MeetingHand shall at all times remain with MeetingHand.
MeetingHand warrants and the Client agrees that the Software is confidential and proprietary and a valuable commercial asset of MeetingHand. The Client agrees to keep the Software in confidence, to not disclose the Software to any third parties except when using it for its business partners and colleagues, and:
- i. limit availability of the Software to those of its employees who are contractually permitted and need to have access thereto in order to use the Software in conjunction and who have been informed by the Client of the proprietary nature of the Software;
- ii. have such employees treat as confidential the Software;
- iii. avoid publication or other disclosure of the Software to other than those persons described in (i) above; and
- iv. not allow anybody to disclose or make available the Software to any unit, division, group, or subsidiary of the Client or the Client's parent company if engaged in the development or sale of computer programs which are or may be competitive with the Software – except if this use is part of a collaboration project the Client conducts on the Software.
The Client's obligations set forth in this Article shall survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement or discontinuance of the license granted under this Agreement.
Payments and Invoices
- >1. The Client will be granted full access to the services provided by MeetingHand upon creating his/her client account in MeetingHand. The Client must define a valid credit card in MeetingHand should (s)he needs to exceed given free registration and abstract collection quota. Billing will start following month and account creation date will be the billing date for every month as long as client continues using MeetingHand services. The total billing amount will be calculated separately based on the number of collected registrations and abstracts through Software within each past month. All payments will be collected automatically on-line. MeetingHand accepts only Visa and MasterCard credit cards in USD. All prices quoted by MeetingHand are in US Dollar ($) and includes tax.
- >2. MeetingHand does not charge for registrations and abstracts if they are deleted within 24 hours after registered or uploaded in the system.
- >3. A digital invoice will be delivered to the email address indicated by the Client on the application form, after each payment is completed.
- >4. In case of a non-payment, MeetingHand reserves the right to suspend the Client's access to his/her account and other MeetingHand services. Immediately after any transaction failure, MeetingHand will apply a soft blocking in which only the Client is non-granted access to his/her account but the participants continue to access MeetingHand services. In case MeetingHand cannot complete the transaction after 3 trials, repeated in 24 hours intervals, the Client's account will be blocked permanently both for the Client and for the participants.
- >5. MeetingHand does not delete client projects because of non-payments and grants access to them any time default payments were completed.
- >6. All dates in MeetingHand system are referred to Eastern Time Zone (UTC-05:00).
- >7. Any contestation of an invoice must be transmitted to MeetingHand DMCC within 8 days after receipt of the invoice, by e-mail or registered letter and duly justified.
- >8. The Client must retain a copy of transaction records and MeetingHand policies and rules.
The Client can have access to the software solutions provided by MeetingHand through the URL: www.meetinghand.com. As a SaaS (Software as a Service), MeetingHand works in a cloud environment and requires a permanent and reliable internet connection to be launched and used error-free.
The Client hereby agrees not to copy, redistribute, transmit, assign, sell, broadcast, rent, share, lend, modify, adapt, edit, sub-license or transfer MeetingHand to anyone else. Nothing in these conditions of sale grants the Client any rights other than those expressly set out herein. These terms do not grant the Client any rights in relation to the synchronization, public performance, promotional use, commercial sale, resale, reproduction, distribution or commercial exploitation of any MeetingHand services. Any breaches of these terms will be pursued to the full extent of the law.
- • Online Sales Support: Monday to Friday 09:00 am to 06:00 pm EST - (08:00 am to 06:00 pm GMT+3)
- • Online Technical Support: Monday to Friday (09:00 am to 06:00 pm EST) - (08:00 am to 06:00 pm GMT+3)
- • Support Ticket from Help Desk: Minimum Response time, 12 Hours
- • Support by Email: Minimum response time, 24 Hours
- • Support by Phone: Monday to Friday 09:00 am to 06:00 pm EST - (08:00 am to 06:00 pm GMT+3)
Termination of Account
The Client, who wishes to cancel his account should complete the remaining payments and delete his/her credit card defined in MeetingHand payment settings. MeetingHand will not allow deleting a credit card if there is an unpaid remaining balance.
- 1. Warranty: MeetingHand represents and warrants that it will provide the SaaS Services in a professional manner consistent with general industry standards and that the SaaS Services will perform substantially in accordance with the documentation.
- 2. MeetingHand guarantees that the provided software is the most recent officially released version.
- 3. MeetingHand reserves the right of making necessary changes in the software or release new versions.
- 4. MeetingHand will always welcome client feedbacks and will always take them into consideration in accordance with its new version development programs. But this does not warrant that MeetingHand has to change the software features and capabilities according to individual requirements or expectations.
- 5. Before signing this Agreement, client accepts that (s)he has fully understood the features and capabilities of the software and its performance limits.
- 6. MeetingHand’s Warranty Statement;
“MEETINGHAND WARRANTS THAT THE SAAS SERVICES WILL PERFORM IN ALL MATERIAL RESPECTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE DOCUMENTATION. MEETINGHAND DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SAAS SERVICES WILL BE PERFORMED ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, OR THAT MEETINGHAND WILL CORRECT ALL SAAS SERVICES ERRORS. CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT MEETINGHAND DOES NOT CONTROL THE TRANSFER OF DATA OVER COMMUNICATIONS FACILITIES, INCLUDING THE INTERNET, AND THAT THE SAAS SERVICE MAY BE SUBJECT TO LIMITATIONS, DELAYS, AND OTHER PROBLEMS INHERENT IN THE USE OF SUCH COMMUNICATIONS FACILITIES. THIS SECTION SETS FORTH THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY GIVEN BY MEETINGHAND (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED) WITH RESPECT TO THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT. MEETINGHAND DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SAAS SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, VIRUS-FREE OR ERROR-FREE OR MEETINGHAND WILL BE LIABLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED ALTERATION, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF CUSTOMER’S OR ANY USER’S DATA, FILES, OR PROGRAMS. “
The Client acknowledges that the information and data it receives from MeetingHand concerning the Licensed Program are confidential and proprietary and a valuable commercial asset of MeetingHand.
MeetingHand acknowledges that the general business information it receives from The Client is confidential and proprietary.
Both parties agree to keep the above-mentioned information and data they receive from the other party in confidence and to not disclose any of it to a third party or use it for its own benefit without previous consent of the other party in writing. Both parties may only disclose the confidential information or data to those of its employees, who require the information to enable that party to fulfil its contractual obligations towards the other party.
Each project created, conducted and completed by using MeetingHand can be added to MeetingHand's references list.
Limitation of Liability
In case of force majeure, such as e.g. complete or partial stagnation of the transportation system, illness of the personnel of MeetingHand, problems of telecommunication, obstructions within the company or default of the suppliers of MeetingHand, MeetingHand shall always be entitled to either suspend its obligations as long as the situation of force majeure continues, or, if the force majeure continues for more than 6 (six) months, to terminate the agreement by law, without MeetingHand being liable for damages in any of both cases.
Prohibition of Assignment
This Agreement, the license granted hereunder and the access to and use of the Licensed Program provided to The Client under this Agreement may not be assigned, sublicensed or otherwise transferred by The Client to any third party without MeetingHand's prior written consent.
If an amicable resolve of a dispute proves impossible, the courts with jurisdiction in the New York, United States shall solely be competent.
The agreement is governed by United States of America law. In case of contestation between various judicial regulations in time, the jurisdiction applicable at the time the disputed contract was executed, or should have been executed, is applicable.